Disqualification Grievance Process
Summary Disqualification Grievance Process.
- In the event that a rider is aggrieved by a summary disqualification he/she may request in writing to the Ninety Niner Cycle Tour Organising Committee within 3 (three) days of being informed of the summary disqualification to be reinstated. Such rider may supplement such a request for reinstatement in the event of him/her receiving further information at a later time. The tribunal appointed may extend this time on good cause shown.
- Any such request for reinstatement shall be considered by a tribunal consisting of one or more people appointed for that purpose who may:
- Take no action;
- Reinstate the person;
- Order that further information be obtained.
- Impose additional penalties including a fine of up to R1 000.00 (one thousand rand) and/or recommend to the Tour Organising Committee that the person shall not be eligible to compete in the Tour in future.
- In addition, whether or not a rider has been summarily disqualified, the tribunal appointed for the purpose may, on notice to a rider by e-mail or other means of communication, call a hearing to determine whether a rider should be disqualified or another penalty imposed for a breach of the rules.
- In the event of a disqualification, whether summary or after a hearing, a rider shall forthwith return any prize previously awarded to the rider and comply with any sanctions imposed.
- The chairperson of the tribunal shall determine the procedure to be followed at any hearing, including whether a hearing shall be conducted on written evidence and representations only or also an oral hearing, and the nature of evidence (including hearsay) to be allowed. A rider shall not be entitled to legal representation at such a hearing, except with the permission of the chairperson of the tribunal. The tribunal shall make decisions on a balance of probabilities.
- An appeal to the members of the Tour Organising Committee (the “Members”) may be made in writing within 3 (three) days after the tribunal has delivered its decision. The Chairperson of the members shall determine the procedure to be followed for such appeal.
The Ninety Niner Tour Committee